First Tee of WNY 1-on-1 Coaching Program
This program has been designed by popular demand from parents who have participants in our Life Skills Experience.
provides the opportunity for participants to work 1-on-1 with a coach on the technical aspects of the golf swing. Each Session is 45 minutes in length and coaches will work with students that are interested in taking their game to another level.
Coaching will be offered at the Paddock Golf Dome during the Winter. During the warmer months, coaching will be provided at additional locations to be announced.
- 45 Minutes in Length
- Balls must be Purchased by Participant/Parent
- $40 for Each Session
- $200 for a Package of 5 Sessions
- Check or Credit Cards Accepted
Coaches in the program
Erich Spitz - Past Participant, First Tee Level II COACH, NCAA Division II Player
Erich has been involved with the First Tee for over a decade, both as a participant and now having spent the last four years as a Lead Coach for the First Tee of Western NY.
Erich has achieved both Level I and Level II coaching certifications, while actively pursuing his Level III certification. Erich has played competitively at a high level for 8 years, with the final 4 of those coming at the Division II collegiate level.
Coaching Philosophy in Erich's words
- My coaching philosophy is simple, I believe that we as coaches should never try to change what a student does naturally, only to try to improve upon it. Every student has their own natural abilities and skills, and I try to build my instruction around what a student already does well, and help them to refine it. There are many coaches that try to have every one of their students swing a specific way. I however believe that every student needs to be taught to improve upon what they already do naturally, not swing the way a coach wants.
KRISTEN BROMLEY - First Tee Level I Coach, PGA Pre-Qualifying Associate, NCAA Division I Player
Kristen has been involved with First Tee - WNY for a year and a half and has started to establish a career in the golf industry. Kristen graduated from Siena College with a degree in Marketing and played collegiately all four years serving as Co-Captain and the Student-Athlete Mentor representative her last two. She earned her Masters Degree in Sports Coaching & Development from Ulster University in Northern Ireland where she continued to play at the collegiate level and coached golf and mentored a variety of age groups.
Kristen is now a First Tee Level I Coach pursuing her Level II certification and is expected to enroll in the PGA Professional Golf Management Program as an Associate. Kristen first started golfing when she was 5.
Kristen's Coaching Philosophy
- Each student has a unique way of learning and retaining information. I believe it's important to build a strong rapport with each student to fit my coaching techniques with his/her learning style. I focus on the foundations of the golf swing and work to integrate helpful mental and course management techniques. I'm a firm believer in continuous positive feedback and video analysis so students can apply what they see and help them grow.
TIM KARCHES - FIRST TEE RECOGNIZED COACH, Certified First Tee PLAYer Coach Trainer, Assistant Golf Coach Iroquois Central School
Tim serves as the Program Director for First Tee of Western NY and is instrumental in the development, implementation, and refinement of the programs delivered to students each year. Tim has been involved with the First Tee of Western New York for over a decade. In that time, he has worked with hundreds of participants to help them become good golfers and even better people. Tim is a NYS Certified K-6 Elementary Teacher and teaches 5th
grade in the Holland Central School District where he has been employed for 19 years.
Tim also has a Bachelor of Science Elementary Education and a Masters of Science Education. Tim lives in Marilla, New York with his wife and three children who are all active First Tee participants.
Tim's passion is golf! He enjoys helping his students improve as golfers and people. He receives as much joy helping a new player hit their first solid shot as helping a more seasoned player breaking par and winning tournaments. As a coach Tim understands, appreciates, and takes pride in creating programs that take players to the next level and help them reach their goals.
Coaching Philosophy in Tim's words -
I am a student of the game that continually is researching, collaborating, and learning to improve my understanding, teaching and coaching of the game of golf. To help motivate and give my students the best possible learning I believe in feedback devices and the use of golf technology. It is important that students are able to see and feel their actual swings. Every student is able to succeed and become the golfer they desire to be when they have the correct information, a goal-based plan for improvement, and are given positive accurate feedback.
The game of golf is special because the journey to achieve goals and improvement can be a lifelong pursuit. In the pursuit of success when we have strong fundamentals with an understating of the concepts of the golf swing, paired with the reality of our own movements, we can begin to make changes in our own patterns and find a repeatable effective golf swing. The journey to better golf should be thought-provoking, challenging, rewarding, and fun.